Philippians 4:19 — “19 And my God will liberally supply (fill until full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (AMP)
As a believer, that is where my confidence comes from and that’s where yours should come from as well. My confidence doesn’t come from my ability, wisdom, stature, beauty, etc All of those are temporal and they are not mine, to begin with.
You see, I call the Christian kind of confidence “The Godfidence.” It sounds better, right?
Can you imagine your father being the President/Governor of Nigeria? You know how you’ll go gallivanting around knowing someone has got your back and nobody can mess with you? Now, imagine our Heavenly Father who owns the whole universe, the heart of men, even those in high places!
Have you forgotten what the scripture says?
Matthew 7:11 — “11 If you then, evil (sinful by nature) as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give what is good and advantageous to those who keep on asking Him.” (AMP). Read the Bible verse shared in the beginning again and read this last one. Isn’t it enough to know that you have it all already?
10 Ways To Be Godfidence
- Know Your God: Daniel 11:32b says “Those that know their God shall do exploits and wax stronger.” So without knowing God, it would be impossible to walk in Confidence. It is when you know Him that you know His Power. He can speak to you on what to do and only then can you overcome fear and anxiety because you are going based on the Words of the Author of the Universe. You can know Him through fellowshipping with Him in prayer and Word.
- Know That You’re a New Creation: See Romans 8:15 — “15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading again to fear [of God’s judgment], but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons [the Spirit producing sonship] by which we [joyfully] cry, ]Abba! Father!”” (AMP). Can you see that? Until you know that you’re no longer that fearful being people know, you won’t be able to do exploits.
So you must be aware of the Power of Christ and Zoe that is inside of you.
- Use God’s Word: Find out what the scripture has said about you, declare it upon yourself and daily proclaim it. It’ll be your fuel to do things.
- Live a Purposeful Life: The scripture has called us a Light and we are expected to live a fruitful life. Hence, there is this peace that comes from knowing you’re living the life you’re called to live. This gives you confidence and can make you walk into places with your head high.
- Renewal of Mind: It might be possible to forget who you are and what you have. So you must constantly renew your mind through the Word of God and daily affirmation.
- Humility: If you want to walk in Godfidence, you must learn to be humble because an adage says “pride goes before a fall” and even the book of James recorded that only the humbled shall be honoured. Accepting that you can’t do it by yourself or you’re not doing it on your own gives the Holy Spirit more expression as you have returned the Glory to God. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.
- Knowing Where to Put Your Trust: Some put their trust in their money, fame, achievement, people, situations, applause, pleasure, etc. All of those are vanity. The best hiding place is God. He is the Only One who doesn’t fail.
- Pray About Everything It: Why should I pray about it? It is an acknowledge that you can’t do it on your own. At the place of fellowship, the spirit of fear gets taken away gradually.
Will all of those work without ACTING? Of course, it won’t. Thus, in as much as you’ve tried out the methods listed above, you are expected to act in faith, For the scripture has made us realise that faith without work is dead. Go for that interview, start that business, approach that person, take that career path, write that book, etc. You wouldn’t know if you have the confidence until you try.
Check (Matthew 5:13, Hebrews 13:20-21, and Philippians 2:13) For more emphasis.
I hope you’ll utilize those tips and walk in “Godfidence”.