Let Them Have Dominion Part 1 By Apostle Joshua Selman — a summary
It is possible to “understand” Jesus but not be able to represent Him accurately to the world. There are very many mysteries in which the Earth is deep in, as you begin to grow spiritually, you being to see spiritual patterns in this life that you once used to see as just random.
FACTS ABOUT THE CHARACTER OF GOD
- God Almighty is the Creator, the Ruler and Owner of Everything. Revelations 4:10-11 — “10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: 11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”” (NIV), Psalm 121:1-2 — “1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (NIV), 1 Chronicles 29:11 — “11 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.” (NIV).
- God Almighty is the Exclusive Owner of all Power. 2 Chronicles 20:3-6 — “3 Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah. 4 The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him. 5 Then Jehoshaphat stood up in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem at the temple of the Lord in the front of the new courtyard 6 and said: “Lord, the God of our ancestors, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.” (NIV), Psalm 62:11 — “11 One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: “Power belongs to you, God,” (NIV)
There are 3 terms we must define as we continue on the sermon; Dominion: The right to govern, sovereign control and authority; Power: The capacity to influence or change the force that compels compliance. Authority: The right to represent, the legitimate ground to allow power to function. It is the use of power (Psalm 115:16 — “16 The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to mankind.” (NIV)). God gave man authority without conditions but this is not applicable to power.
WHO THEN IS MAN?
- Man must be a Spirit
- Man must reside, be contained or trapped in a material body
- Man must have a mind- that is a Soul
Therefore, all Spirits must subject be to man on earth as authority comes with jurisdiction.
“LET THEM HAVE DOMINION” means the following
- From that time, man became and is still is the legitimate steward and ruler on earth (Psalm 8:2-6 — “2 Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? 5 You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. 6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet:” (NIV)
- Nothing legal can and should happen in the earth, without man’s cooperation and participation. NOTE: Man does not have what it takes to authorize or permit God only to partner with God. Earth is still God’s domain. He chose by His predeterminate counsel to make His Entrance with participation and cooperation of man. (Psalm 135:6 — “6 The Lord does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.” (NIV))
- “Let Them Have dominion” implies that man became the most valuable asset on earth needed by God and also the Devil. (Isaiah 6:8 — “8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”” (NIV), Ezekiel 22:30, Luke 22:3)
- All of Creation can praise the Lord and should praise the Lord but only Man can partner with God to allow God’s will to be done on Earth. (Psalm 150:6, Psalm 69:34 — “34 Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and all that move in them,” (NIV), Exodus 3:3-10). Dominion on the earth is only for Spirits with physical bodies
- It is true that the dominion blessings and mandate God gave man is true.
- It will take God and Man to exercise this dominion.
- Our efficiency is in the Spirit of God- we must be joined with Jesus Christ and we must have that Name.
- Jesus has given us authority in every domain and not just on earth. Philippians 2:6-11 — “6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (NIV)
May the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ find full expression in your life, may God keep us to the very end, may we know with exactitude what Christ has done for us in Jesus Name, Amen. Thank you and God bless you. Have a great day ahead, Please comment and share.