‘But as many as believed Him, to them He gave the power to be called the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.’ – John 1:12
God created man in His own image and likeness primarily so that man might fellowship with Him and dominate the earth (Genesis 1:26). Succumbing to the tempter’s wile, man lost his position in God, fellowship with God and became subject to the devil’s rule. Because of sin, man was alienated from God and became spiritually dead. hence, God out of his mercy and love made a way to reconcile man unto Himself (Genesis 3:1-24, Romans 5:8)
In the quest to get right with God, man has devised so many methods like been morally upright, going to church, paying offering, giving alms and so on. However, God’s ONLY provision for reconciling man to Himself and delivering man from delivering from eternal damnation is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son (John 1:29, John 3:16, Romans 5:6-8, Hebrews 9:22-28, 1 Peter 3:18-22).
Salvation is not just doing the right thing and being nice as seen in Ephesians 2:9, it is not just being born into a christian home, it is not just going to church as mentioned earlier instead, Salvation is the state of being delivered from sin and it’s consequences (Romans 5:12-19, 6:23), receiving God’s nature (2 Corinthians 5:17, Ezekiel 36:26, 1 John 5:10-13) and being reconciled to God through faith in Christ (Romans 5:1-2, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19, Ephesians 2:11-19, Colossians 1:12-14).
Salvation is not accidental; nobody wakes up suddenly to discover he is saved. To be saved you must be deliberate. It is an act of your will. Getting salvation has been summarized into 3 simple steps below
- First you have to admit that you are sinner (Romans 3:23, Luke 18;10-14, Acts 2:37-38)
- Secondly you have to believe in your heart that the Gospel is the inherent word of God (1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Acts 16:30-31)
- And finally you have to confess Jesus as your Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10)
It not too early to be born again neither is it too late, now is the time to use this opportunity to let Jesus into your life. This might be your last chance and I need you to take it. One thing we should know is the salvation doesn’t just change the suit of a man, it changes the man in the suit.
After giving your life to Christ there are few things that has taken place in your life whether you are aware of not.
- Your sins are completely forgiven the Bible tells us that in 1 John 2:12,Ephesians 1:7 and so on)
- You have been made new (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- You have the Spirit of God (Galatians 4:6)
- You have been adopted into God’s family (John 1:12)
- You’ve received Eternal life (john 3:16, 5:24, 6:40)
- You are a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 4:20, 1 Peter 2:9)
- You have a blessed hope (Titus 2:11-24)
Just to mention a few. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the low – Romans 3:28. The riches of redemption are inexhaustible. There is a whole lot to learn in God. To this end, we pray that God would enlighten the eyes of our understanding.
I hope you enjoyed this message, all you have to do is to believe and it shall come to pass.
What do you think about the post? Drop a comment below. Also, don’t forget share this wonderful post using the share buttons below.