Teach us to Pray Part 3 By Apostle Joshua Selman —a summary
When there is a corruption in the quality of the food, then there’s a interference some where. Growth should bring circumspect walking. No error. Pray that God helps us to minimize unnecessary experiments.
Psalm 65:2 — “2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.” (KJV).
DIMENSIONS OF PRAYER
- For fellowship and for Growth: Believers only based on their interaction with four (4) pillars.
- The Ministry of Prayer
- The Ministry of Word
- The Ministry of Fellowship
Our faith must grow into trust, so that we will be able to know exactly why we are growing. You don’t grow by inheritance (Luke 9:28-29, 1 Corinthians 14:2,4 — “2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries… 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.” (KJV), Jude 1:20). If what makes your afraid yesterday still makes you afraid today, then there is an urgent need for growth. Evil does not have to be absent from our lives for us to be in peace and in serenity of heart. 1 John 1:1-5: Your growth is tied to the level by which you understand the mysteries of the Word of God.
- For obtaining Promises and making requests; Hebrews 11:33: Promises can be obtained, becoming ours. Mark 11:23-24: It is not wrong to have a desire but we must have a passion for the Kingdom. John 16:24 — “24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” (KJV): Your Joy may be there but it may not yet be full. When we pray we make our Joy complete and full of Glory. James 4:1-3: Our quarrels and fight come from our lack of results or desires. Our envy is because we do not receive, and or we do not ask. All flesh must pray, we must pray so that we do not fall into temptation. Your result has a side-effect on your audience and in the same similitude, other people’s result can have side-effect on us. Beware of covetousness. It is possible to ask correctly and yet not receive if we have a wrong motive. Prayer is only answered when it is written within the boundary of the Will of God.
THE WILL OF GOD
John 9:31 — “31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.” (KJV), Ephesians 5:15-17 — “15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.” (KJV). If I pray a prayer outside of Will of God, it will not be answered. Example; praying for the divorce of a couple or praying for the death of the father because of an inheritance. We must pray that God kills “self” in us. Selfishness is the obsession towards a result irrespective of how it affects others. The foundation of wickedness is selfishness but the foundation of love is Sacrifice and selflessness. Colossians 1:9 — “9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;” (KJV), Romans 12:2, Matthew 6:10, the Will of God represents every action or activity inspired of the Holy Spirit, consistent with the Character of Scripture and causes the influence of Heaven to be revealed and ultimately glorifies Christ. And I, if I lifted up of the earth and glorified, I will draw all men… The 2 dimensions of the Will of God:
- The revealed Will of God: This is the Will of God revealed primarily from Scripture. It can also be obtained by prophesy, dreams or visions but are all subject to the Word of God because of their possibility of errors in transmission and reception (1 Timothy 2:4 — “4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” (KJV)). We see God’s will from the Life of Christ because He is the Image of God. We must follow Christ and Him alone, the days are coming and are already here, where men will love only the Spirit but hate the Truth, but it takes the two. We must be students of the Scripture. We must correctly analyze the Word of Truth.
- The permissible Word of God: This represents actions that are within the boundary of righteousness, God’s Character and directly exalts Christ. Sometimes, you may not hear a start “this” but if you start and don’t get anything against it, you can continue in that lane, but when you hear a stop, you must stop. Obey Scripture, if you are wrong, let God take responsibility.
- For Decrees and Spiritual legislation: This does not really focus on talking with God or to God, but rather talking to things to line up with the Will of God. This is where Words [instruments of creation] become arrows in a Man’s quiver. (Ecclesiastes 8:4 — “4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?” (KJV), Revelation 5:10, Proverbs 18:21). Death and Life are in the Power of the Tongue and they that love it shall eat its fruit thereof. Job 22:28 — “28 Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” (KJV). Isaiah 43:26 — “26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.” (KJV): Bail yourself out of that situation. Do not get to a point where making decrees becomes trivial or childish. Decree over your life- decree like Ezekiel. Isaiah 41:21 — “21 Produce your cause, saith the Lord; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.” (KJV): It is the Word that is the Strong reason.
Most times, if not every time, we must know what dimension of the prayer we shall engage based on the Holy Spirit. Pray with minimal light so that you don’t get distracted at all. Study Abraham’s Prayer life, it was full of fellowship. As Believers, we approach life from the standpoint of victory.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Prayer must be approached from the Love of God and the victory that we already have in Christ Jesus. We approach prayer to establish realities in Christ but er must bring them into establishment by prayer (usually through Decrees and other spiritual legislating). If we are confused, we must first find out the Will of God.
This is the end of this wonderful series Teach Us to Pray, I trust you were blessed. God bless you and keep you all in His ways and may you continue to show forth the praises of Him who has called your out of darkness into His marvellous Light, in Jesus Name. Amen. Please comment and share. Stay blessed